Best Giant Yard Games - 2021 Reviews & Guide
Below is our recently updated comparison table highlighting 3 of our favorite giant yard games. Stay tuned after this for an in-depth look at our top 10 choices and what they can offer you.
Giant backyard games can give a whole new meaning to outdoor summer fun.
These large-scale versions of popular table games come as an alternative to the traditional lawn games, and they can entertain players of all ages.
- Giant Yard Games - Our Top Choices
- 1. GoSports Giant Wooden Toppling Tower
- 2. GoSports Giant Wooden Playing Dice Set
- 3. GIGGLE N GO Inflatable Bowling Pins
- 4. Splinter Woodworking Co Yardzee & Yard Farkle Giant Yard Dice Set
- 5. GoSports Giant Dark Wood 4 in a Row Game
- 6. Wicked Big Sports Supersized Yard Pong Game Set
- 7. Wicked Big Sports Wicked Big Flip Cup
- 8. Kan Jam Ultimate Disc Game
- 9. Bucket Ball - Beach Edition
- 10. BULZiBUCKET Giant Backyard Game
- Giant Yard Games Buying Guide & FAQ
- What Are Giant Backyard Games?
- How to Choose Giant Backyard Games
- Why Buy Giant Backyard Games?
Giant Yard Games - Our Top Choices
Giant Jenga is one of the most entertaining yard games inspired by their smaller, tabletop counterparts. While there are many models to choose from, this one by GoSports impresses with the exceptional build quality and outstanding value for money.
Perfect for children 12 years or over, as well as for adults, this giant toppling tower starts at 2.5 feet tall and can grow to over 5 feet during gameplay. Nevertheless, we like that it stays true to the real Jenga, which consists of 54 blocks arranged on 18 rows at the beginning of the game.
Eight blocks marked with numbers and a custom rules board enhance versatility; you can follow the classic Jenga rules or tailor new rules that can change the odds of winning. From goofy commands for the kids to adult-themed ones, the options are only limited by your imagination.
Great for your yard or as a gift for your friends, this giant Jenga toppling tower is made from premium quality flat kiln dried wood stained in a grey hue.
Inspired by the ocean drift, this set boasts a unique look; moreover, the choice of soft rather than hardwood makes it more suitable for the youngsters.
Each piece is carefully crafted and sanded by hand, so there could be small imperfections. However, the pieces are typically smooth and slide easily out of the tower without compromising the stability of your structure. Greatly priced, the game is backed by the GoSports’ lifetime warranty.
A guarantee of fun at most parties, this is one of the top giant outdoor game you can get.
If you love dice games, you’d love to know that you can now enjoy giant indoor and outdoor fun with this set of Giant Wooden Playing Dice by GoSports. Made from premium quality wood, these dice come in a set of six and measure 3.5 x 3.5 x 3.5 inches each.
At this size, they are not exactly suitable for tiny hands. Nevertheless, the set also comes in a smaller variant with 2.5-inch dice.
All pieces in this set are hand sanded and come stylishly packed in a canvas carrying case. Ideal for playing any dice game with friends or family, the set also includes a double-sided erase scoreboard for Rollzee and Farkle games.
Perfect to use both indoors and outdoors, the game has all pips burned into the wood. They will never rub off nor fade away, leaving the guesswork out of the question.
Designed to let you play countless dice toss games, the set doesn’t come with any kind of instructions. We wouldn’t call it a drawback though, as it is easy to find instructions on the internet for any game your family would like to play.
Those who don’t like the natural wood can also opt for a dark brown stained wood finish. However, we’d recommend the natural variant for the kids, as it doesn’t contain any potentially toxic chemicals.
Coming at a price that won’t break the bank and perfect to use for countless hours of fun, this oversized dice set is one of the most versatile yard games you can find.
Next entry on our list, the GIGGLE N GO Inflatable Bowling Pins is a hilarious giant yard game for the kids. Lightweight and easy to carry, it’s a great choice for camping and tailgating but not only. You can also use it indoors, on a porch, or even on the lawn.
Regardless of where you set it, this yard game will surely stimulate your family to get off the couch and engage in healthy outdoor fun.
GIGGLE N GO set consists of six giant bowling pins and a giant bowling ball. All components are made from high-quality PVC that resists wear and tear wonderfully.
Easy to inflate, the game comes with a hand pump and also a handy repair patch.
Suitable to use outdoors in most weather conditions, the bowling pins have sand weighted bottoms that can keep them upright in light wind but that doesn’t prevent the ball from knocking them over when you toss it.
Standing 27-inch tall, these bowling pins pack compactly in their box when not in use, together with the ball. Easy to transport and store, this set can provide giant fun to all kids who want to feel like Alice in the Wonderland.
Another set of oversized dice that has made it to our list, this giant backyard game from Splinter Woodworking Co is the ideal gift for your family or for friends who love to toss dice.
It can entertain up to 5 players at a time and includes six hardwood dice, a marker, and reusable scorecards. The set is packed in a fun and convenient collapsible bucket with lid. Built to withstand harsh use, they are easy to carry and fun to have for any outdoor party, camping, or group outdoor event.
Giant in size, the dice measure 3.5 inches; despite the huge dimension though, the set only weighs 6 pounds and is really easy to transport.
It is a bit more expensive than the GoSports giant playing dice, and it comes in only one finish. Nevertheless, we like that this set is constructed from sustainably sourced wood. The high-quality material is guaranteed to not split or crack. We also like that the bucket solves all the durability problems you might have with a canvas bag.
Premium details includes rounded edges, burned pips that won’t fade, and weather resistant stain finish that makes this set suitable to use in all atmospheric conditions and without fearing the elements.
Connect 4 is a classic tabletop game beloved by both kids and adults. Extremely fun when played indoors, the game can gain a whole new meaning when played in this giant version outdoors.
It can not only stimulate your family to spend more time having healthy fun outside; it’s also great to pull out at any barbecue gathering or garden party. Keeping the classic lines, this game consists of a giant wooden board treated with a dark stain and 42 red and blue coins, 21 of each color.
Ideal for players of all ages, it is very easy to assemble and perfectly balanced so you can place it in any corner of your yard. Whether you want to place it on a solid surface, a lawn, or ground, rest assured it will not lose stability and fall.
Hand stained for a unique look, it also resists elements. The board is made from sturdy premium wood while the chips are made of durable plastic.
Another thing we like is the convenient quick release bar at the bottom that not only helps you remove the chips from the boards easily; it also lets you try different connect-four variants.
Like all GoSports games, this engaging backyard game is backed by a manufacturer’s warranty and comes in a large box that allows for quick inspection on arrival. An excellent choice for all yards, this giant Connect 4 also comes in the classic white finish with red and blue coins.
Cup pong is one of the most popular board games, and also one of the best giant backyard games. From all the giant models, we truly like this one by Wicked Big Sports.
Packing compactly and ideal to use in your backyard or while camping, it comes with six laundry hamper sized red “cups,” a ball, and other accessories. Perfect for kids and adults alike, it can surely provide endless hours of fun.
Whether you decide to play one-on-one or in teams of two, you can opt for a 3 cups versus 3 cups ball toss arrangement or have both teams toss the ball at the same six-cup setup. Admittedly, that’s a bit annoying considering this game’s price.
Nevertheless, you can simply buy two sets for a traditional 6 cups versus 6 cups setup.
One thing we like is the ball that’s made from high-quality materials. It resists punctures wonderfully, and it even comes with a hand pump and needle so you can inflate it quickly.
Lightweight enough to carry easily, the cups also come with six weight bags that enhance stability when it’s windy and also during gameplay.
Although oversized, the game is lightweight and safe to use by players of all ages. Promising loads of fun, it is undoubtedly one of the best giant backyard games on the market.
A giant backyard game for adults, the Wicked Big Flip Cup by Wicked Big Sports is one of the most entertaining yard games to try this summer. This upscale barstool sports classic includes 16 oversized cups that can hold a lot of beer and is perfect to have with you at the beach, during camping trips, or even to take indoor fun to the next level.
Portable and versatile, the cups come packed in a cardboard box and are stackable for easy transport.
Measuring 12 inches tall and 7.75 inches in diameter, these giant cups can also double as oversized pong containers.
Ideal for playing in teams, the set includes eight red and eight white cups. Made from plastic, they might not be the most resistant on the market. Nevertheless, they are relatively cheap, really giant, and truly fun to use.
Undoubtedly, a great gift for a flip cup enthusiast or giant game to enjoy with your buddies.
Kan Jam – or garbage can Frisbee – is one of the most popular yard games. It has evolved over the years, and this is one of the best giant versions you can find on today’s market.
It doesn’t come with collapsible cans, but the game is still lightweight and easy to carry wherever you go. A custom-designed official flying disc adds further value for money, while the set of instructions will come in handy for the newbies.
Coming in three variants, you can even choose the most suitable based on the design you like or the time when you want to enjoy a match. We like the original black version, but the USA design featuring blue, red, and white colors could be a great choice if you want to play Kan Jam on the 4th of July.
If instead, you want to enjoy nighttime fun on the beach or in your yard, this giant backyard game also comes in a glow-in-the-dark variant.
Made from a flexible plastic sheet, the cans are easy to pack compactly and equally easy to set up. They are also weatherproof, so you can leave the game outdoors overnight.
A great game for players of all ages, this backyard team game can easily replace the popular cornhole or horseshoe toss. Undoubtedly, a great party game to enjoy throughout the summer.
Very similar to Pong, this Bucket Ball beach edition is another great addition to your giant yard games collection. Ideal for playing in any outdoor setting and even indoors, this game is ideal for kids and adults alike.
Best to use at the beach, this bucket ball starter kit comes with twelve high-quality plastic buckets and two extra-bouncy hybrid balls designed to provide an enhancing yet challenging gameplay. A set of instructions and tote bag bring further value for money, and you can even buy additional accessories to bring your game to the next level.
Indeed, you can play bucket ball at the beach, on a flat surface, and even in the pool thanks to a wide selection of toss balls and accessories, such as the inflatable racks that float on water.
The stackable buckets are also easy to store and transport; keep in mind though that they are quite hard to separate due to their strong suction effect.
Besides this slight drawback, it’s quite hard not to like this set. Furthermore, it’s even backed by a hassle-free lifetime warranty that includes free damaged parts replacement forever.
Last entry on our list of the best giant yard games, the BULZiBUCKET is really fun to play in the backyard, at the beach and even in the pool. Perfect to take on your trips and outdoor adventures; it consists of two heavy-duty collapsible bucket targets and six soft balls, three for each team.
A backpack-style carrying case and a set of instructions bring further value for money, making the set a great gift for either your friends or family.
Three possible toss styles ensure game variety, so you can rest assured this backyard game won’t get you bored too easy. The soft balls also make it ideal for both youngsters and adults.
Easy to breakdown in merely seconds and equally easy to set up, this game is undoubtedly a great alternative to the cornhole. It’s smaller and lighter, easier to transport, and also easier to store in your camping shelter.
At first glance, it might seem a bit on the expensive side; nevertheless, the quality materials add durability and resistance, just what it takes to enjoy this game season after season.
Giant Yard Games Buying Guide & FAQ
What Are Giant Backyard Games?
Giant yard games are usually oversized variants of popular board games including Jenga, dice, and connect 4, to name just a few. Their rules are typically the same, although some games may adapt some of them to ensure that the players can handle the bigger pieces.
Made from weatherproof materials, the giant yard games come as an innovative alternative to the classic ones like horseshoes or bocce ball; a great choice for anyone who wants some variety or start a new family tradition.
How to Choose Giant Backyard Games
While giant backyard games come in literally dozens of choices suitable for all ages, there are a few things you should check before buying.
- Materials: Yard games are usually made from a variety of materials, from wood and plastic to fabric. Regardless of the materials involved, make sure they are weatherproof. Some games made from untreated wood might be unsuitable to leave outdoors overnight or in bad weather. Poor quality plastic might become brittle when exposed to the sun for long periods of time. If you want to spend hassle-free family time, is essential to check the quality of the materials and make sure they can withstand harsh use before buying.
- Durability: There is a huge difference between playing normal Jenga on a table or giant Jenga on a walkway. The pieces could easily crack when hitting the hard surface if they are made from softwood. Likewise, all giant outdoor games have to endure harsher gameplay. If you don’t want to replace your game every few months, invest in a high-quality set that’s made to last. It may cost you more, but it will surely pay off in the long run.
- Players’ age: Are you buying the game for kids or adults? The average player age is an important thing to weigh in before buying. For instance, a set of giant flip cup could be an inspired choice for an outdoor party with your adult buddies, but less suitable for the youngsters. While adults usually have fun playing all giant outdoor games, kids might love more traditional games like Connect 4, Jenga, or inflatable bowling. Pick one of the latter is you want to have fun with the whole family.
- Spare parts: Another important thing to consider is the possibility to get replacement parts if you want a game that comes with parts that can be misplaced or broken. For instance, if you lose a Connect 4 chip or break a Pong ball, it would be nice to be able to replace them. Luckily, many manufacturers sell or even offer free replacement for broken or missing parts, but it could be wiser to check before buying.
- Accessories: Last but not least, consider the accessories. Things such as a carrying bag or hand pump and needle may come in handy in many circumstances. Instructions are not always necessary, but still nice to have. Some of the best backyard games even come with erasable rule boards designed to help you create your own commands and enhance gameplay.
Why Buy Giant Backyard Games?
Let’s face it. With dozens of traditional lawn games out there, why buy a giant one? The truth is that there are many reasons why you should.
- Get the kids outside: If your youngsters have a favorite table game they play over and over again, a giant version of it is a sure way to get them out of the house. Playing outdoors is healthier than playing indoors, and most giant backyard games will also determine your kids to engage in some physical activity, and you’ll get to spend quality time with your family.
- Socializing: If you just moved to a new neighborhood, a giant backyard game gives you the means to call your neighbors out for a match. Undoubtedly, a greater way to integrate into your new environment than asking for some flour or sugar.
- Portability: Giant backyard games are called giant because they are oversized versions of popular indoor games. However, most of them are smaller and lighter than the traditional lawn game sets, which means they are easier to take with you on your adventures.
- Teaching kids strategy: Most board games are strategy games that help youngsters develop their fine motor skills, decision-making, and analytical thinking. Keeping a kid seated for hours could be near impossible, though. In most cases, an oversized, outdoor version of the game you try to play indoors is more exciting and engaging, helping you combine outdoor playing with your educational purposes.
The best giant backyard games are undoubtedly those you and your family enjoy the most. With so many options on this list, we hope you found the ones you were looking for.
So, what do you say? Which oversized games would you try? Have you ever played giant backyard games or is this your first time?
Leave us a comment below; we’d love to hear from you. And if you know someone else who’d enjoy a fun giant backyard game, don’t forget to share this article with your friends.