Best Outdoor Toy Storage For Backyards in 2022
Summertime means endless hours of outdoor fun for your youngsters, but if you want your backyard to look neat, you might need the best outdoor toy storage.
From outdoor toy storage bins to sheds, boxes, or benches, the market offers a bountiful range of choices.
To help you find the right solution, we put together this list. Check it out to find functional, durable, and stylish solutions for most backyards.
- Best Outdoor Toy Storage Reviews
- 1. Keter Westwood Plastic Deck Storage Container Box
- 2. AmazonBasics Resin Deck Storage Box
- 3. Keter Novel Plastic Deck Storage Box
- 4. Suncast Elements Outdoor Wide Cabinet
- 5. YardStash Outdoor Storage Deck Box
- Outdoor Toy Storage For Backyards – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Best Outdoor Toy Storage Reviews
Keter is one of the biggest manufacturers of multifunctional garden furniture, and its Westwood outdoor toy storage bench doesn’t disappoint.
Made from durable resin, this 150-gallon container box is perfect for families with two or more kids. Besides plenty of toys, it’s also roomy enough to hold flower pots, cushions, or gardening tools.
Its stylish natural wood finish and texture make it a suitable choice for most decks, backyards, or gardens. Furthermore, it doubles as a bench.
Indeed, this storage box can accommodate two adults – up to 660lbs in total – on its top.
Some unique features make Westwood the best outdoor toy storage box. To begin with, we like the flat, easy-opening lid designed to prevent any objects on top of the bench from sliding when you’re opening it.
Hydraulic pistons ensure easy opening and closing, and you can even lock the lid if you want to prevent unauthorized access.
Durable in all weathers, it’s also water resistant and can keep your items dry in light rain. However, if you’re looking for fully waterproof outdoor storage, this box might not fit the bill.
Despite this slight downside, Keter Westwood is still our favorite outdoor toy storage container.
- DIMENSIONS: Exterior: 61 in. L x 28. 5 in. W x 25. 4 in. H / Interior: 56 in. L x 24. 6 in. W x 22. 8 in. H
- IDEAL STORAGE: Generous and large 150 gallon storage capacity
- RESIN CONSTRUCTION: It's made out of all weather-resistant resin with an appealing wood-look texture
A smaller but also more cost-effective deck storage box is this one by AmazonBasics. Made from weather-resistant resin, it provides waterproof storage.
This feature makes it perfect not only for toys, but it’s also one of the most versatile outdoor cushion storage ideas.
Indeed, this box is perfect for almost anything from outdoor toys to cushions, gardening supplies, lawn or garden care tools, and more.
Compact yet stylish, it’s perfect for keeping on your deck, porch, or patio. With a 22-gallon capacity, it’s one of the smallest toy boxes, and it’s ideal for a smaller yard. Furthermore, it also doubles as a seat durable enough to support an adult.
Boasting a sleek, contemporary design, it integrates well in most backyards. We also liked that it’s backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty and that it comes at a price that won’t break the bank.
- Deck storage box made of durable weather-resistant resin plastic; neatly contains and protects patio...
- Ideal for spring gardening supplies, yardwork tools, pool toys, seat cushions, and more
- Doubles as a casual place to sit, whether pulling off gardening shoes or hanging out with friends
Impressing with its coastal look, the Novel outdoor toy storage box is another entry from Ketel. Smaller than our top pick, it has 90-gallon storage capacity and a weight capacity of 485lbs.
Suitable for all storage purposes, this box can keep the contents not only dry but also ventilated. It’s waterproof, weather-resistant, and UV-protected, perfect for keeping wooden toys or fabric outdoor accessories, such as cushions or gazebo curtains.
Like our top pick, it’s made from polypropylene resin and doubles as a comfortable seat for two adults.
We also like its lockable lid that enhances safety and security. Indeed, you can use the box to store power tools or other hazardous items.
The box is available in three colors you can match with your outdoor décor. Great to place in either a shady or sunny spot, it’s also easy to carry thanks to the lateral molded handles.
Inexpensive and boasting unrivaled quality, this is one of the best outdoor storage containers for the money.
- DIMENSIONS: Exterior: 49. 2 in. L x 21. 6 in. W x 24. 8 in. H / Interior: 45. 3 in. L x 19 in. W x 22. 3 in. H
- IDEAL STORAGE: Storage capacity of 90 gallons is perfect for patio storage
- RESIN CONSTRUCTION: Made from polypropylene resin plastic to ensure its durability
If you don’t want a bench but would rather go for mini outdoor toy storage shed, this multi-wall resin cabinet could be the right one.
Boasting a decorative wicker design, it can easily enhance any décor. Perfect to hold outdoor toys or patio accessories, it’s waterproof and resists all weathers. Despite its dark brown finish, the material resists fading and staining; at the same time, it’s fairly easy to clean despite the wicker pattern.
The cabinet has 97-gallon storage capacity and comes with an adjustable shelf designed to help you achieve optimal housing for any outdoor accessories or tools.
Big yet compact, it fits perfectly on a porch, deck, or patio. Two color choices even give you the chance to match it with your exterior décor. No doubt, exceptional value for money.
- 97 GALLON DECK STORAGE BOX: Resin outdoor box has a 97-gallon capacity and built-in wheels for versatile patio...
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Water-resistant poly resin construction resists fading and rust to keep your box looking...
- VERSATILE USE: Can be used indoors or outdoors to store pool toys, grill supplies, patio cushions, and more
Lightweight and portable, the YardStash is an excellent choice if you’re looking for the best outdoor storage toys for the home, pool, boat, or camping.
Made from heavy-duty waterproof and UV-proof tarpaulin, it has an attractive green finish that looks great on a lawn. Easy to assemble by just one person and weighing only 16lbs, this is also one of the lightest yet biggest storage deck boxes.
It has a 150-gallon capacity and can hold anything from plastic or wooden toys to gardening equipment.
Thanks to its secure buckle closure, the box will keep your items dry even during a downpour. At the same time, a ventilation hole on the front prevents the formation of mold, bacteria, or bad odors.
Affordable for its size and boasting a host of advantages, this is a great alternative to the solid plastic boxes if you’re looking for portable outdoor toy storage.
- Our robust outside storage container means business! A weatherproof tarp sanctuary with sealed seams & strong...
- Crafted from vinyl tarpaulin that won't crack, warp, or leak - our outside storage bin can really weather the...
- With a quick and easy 15 min assembly, our lightweight and portable outdoor storage bin is a conveniently...
Outdoor Toy Storage For Backyards –
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Outdoor toy storage boxes can give you the right space to keep your lawn games, pool toys, and other outdoor accessories. To make sure the model you like can live up to expectations, you should check these things before buying.
Outdoor storage boxes can be made of either wood, plastic, resin, or PVC. Each material comes with pros and cons, but resin is usually the go-to choice for most people.
- Wood: These deck boxes are elegant, classic choices. They look great in all exterior designs and can match most types of outdoor furniture. Most wood boxes are made from wood veneer rather than hardwood, but they are not the most resistant to elements and need constant maintenance.
- Plastic: Might not be as aesthetic as wood, but it surely is more durable. Lightweight and fairly inexpensive, plastic toy storage boxes can resist for a really long time as long as you place them in a shaded area. Keep in mind, though, that plastic could become brittle if left out in the sun for too long.
- Resin: Delivering the best of both worlds, resin outdoor storage boxes boast the beauty of wood and the strength of plastic. They are more expensive than plastic boxes but have a stronger resistance to UV rays. If cared for properly, they won’t crack, warp, or splinter.
- PVC: Rather new on the market, PVC boxes utilize pole structures and a PVC sheet; similar to a garden tent, they are easy to assemble and dismantle. Lightweight, portable, and most of the times waterproof, they are a great alternative to traditional deck boxes if you want to keep the kids’ toys organized during camping or tailgating, as well as in the backyard.
The style of the box can make or break the deal. You can typically choose from the following types:
- Standard: Traditional deck boxes of various sizes. Most of them double as seats, but they don’t bring the comfort of a bench. Nevertheless, the smaller models are ideal if you want to place the box in a tighter space.
- Bench: An upgraded standard, these boxes double as benches and come with backrests and armrests. They are a great choice for an elegant backyard or a porch but are typically cumbersome and unsuitable for placing in a small area.
- Cabinet: If a vertical storage space would benefit you more than a horizontal one, a cabinet box could be ideal. Just like the standard ones, they come in various sizes, colors, styles, and finishes, so you have plenty of options to choose from.
All types of boxes can have various capacities, from small 20-gallon units to large storage boxes with capacities of 150 gallons or more.
Once you have decided between style and material, you should also check the other features of the box. The best outdoor toy storage should have:
- Handles: Chances are you might have to move the box from one place to another. Models with molded handles allow for a no-frills transport.
- Wheels or casters: Not essential but nice to have, especially if you want to move a box full of toys and other items.
- Lock: If you plan to store other items besides toys, such as gardening tools or chemicals, a lock will prevent your kids from accessing the potentially harmful items.
Down to You
Whether you need a smaller or larger outdoor toy storage box, a plastic, resin, or PVC one, we hope you have found the one you were looking for on this list.
Which one did you like best? Would you rather go for a standard or cabinet model?
Tell us in a comment below, and don’t forget to share this article with your friends.