Finding ways to entertain your children could be challenging, especially when fun and play are confined to the backyard. In addition to the toys and games your child can play, a pogo stick could be a great way to help them consume energy while promoting healthy development. Indeed, a pogo stick can help small kids improve their balance and coordination while providing loads of fun. Wondering which is the best pogo stick for your kids? Check out our selection below to find the one most suited for their age.
- Best Pogo Stick Reviews
- 1. Razor Gogo Pogo Stick
- 2. Flybar My First Foam Pogo Jumper
- 3. Geospace Jumparoo Boing! JR. Pogo Stick
- 4. Pogo Stick for Kids – Aero Advantage
- 5. Geospace Jumparoo Jack Hammer Extreme Pogo Jumper
- Pogo Sticks – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What are the benefits of pogo sticks?
- What age is appropriate for a pogo stick?
Best Pogo Stick Reviews
Razor is one of the most popular brands in the extreme sports world, but that doesn’t mean their products are geared towards adults alone. Besides skateboards and kick and electric scooters, the company also manufactures a range of pogo sticks suitable for children six years and up.
One of them is the Gogo, a lightweight pogo stick designed for endless hours of fun. Made from aluminum and weighing only 5.2 pounds, it suits small and big kids alike – although we wouldn’t recommend it for children under eight due to its bounciness.
Perfect for improving balance and coordination, this pogo stick is 40 inches high and comes with a 12-inch wide foot platform. With a weight capacity of 140 pounds, it’s perfect not only for kids but also for skinnier or petite adults.
Ideal to use in your backyard as well as on the go, we also like that it’s foldable. Comfort is ensured by the foam handlebars with a soft grip, while the sturdy foot pegs add durability. Made to last, this might not be the cheapest pogo stick on the market, but it undoubtedly is the best one.
- A new twist on an old classic
- Features a fully enclosed spring system with low-friction bushings
- Foldable and more portable then ever before
- Lightweight aluminum frame construction with folding footrests
- Also features folding handlebars and foam grips for comfort
Most pogo sticks are built with big kids and adults in mind, but this doesn’t mean that toddlers can’t have their fair share of fun with the Flybar. The main difference between this pogo stick and all others is the wide foam base that enhances balance while bouncing.
It goes without saying that all other features are also designed with the youngsters in mind. The handlebar features an adjustable height up to 40 inches, and the weight capacity of 250 pounds makes it perfect for all young children.
The wide foam base also makes it perfect for indoor and outdoor use. Unlike a traditional pogo stick, it won’t scratch your floors. Furthermore, the handlebars are also made from soft foam and are easy to grip by tiny hands.
We also like the squeaky sound it makes as you hop, a feature that boosts fun. Price-wise, this is one of the cheapest pogo sticks you can get. Coming in a wide range of colors, it’s an excellent choice if you want to help your child improve hand-eye coordination, enhance balance, and develop motor skills.
- Boing, boing, squeak! The My First Flybar foam pogo stick is hours of healthy, bouncy fun. Crafted from durable foam, this is an ideal first pogo stick for kids; each jump makes a fun squeaky sound
- Use anywhere: We’ve designed our kids jumper for indoor and outdoor use, and unlike inferior jumping toys, this pogo jumper for kids is made to last! A great boys or girls toy for ages 3 and up
- Train balance: Pogo sticks make great active toys for kids because they help train hand eye coordination, balance, and gross motor skills; Give your kid a headstart in life with a toddler pogo stick
- Healthy: Get your kid off the sofa with a jumping toy that encourages fitness; Our bungee jumper is a foam pogo stick that promotes healthy activity whilst being incredible bouncy boing fun
- Manufacturer promise: At Flybar, we pride ourselves on seamless customer service; If you don’t love our foam pogo jumper, simply return it within 30 days for a total refund
Jumparoo Boing! By Geospace is a pogo stick for small kids weighing between 50 and 90 pounds. It might not be the best option for a toddler, but it suits all children five years and up.
Similar to the Razor in terms of design, it comes with a sturdy aluminum pole and rubber handles. One thing we like is the oversized foam grip that improves maneuverability – ultimately improving balance and jumping comfort.
Safe jumping is also ensured by the non-slip grip tape on the foot pegs. This pogo stick doesn’t come with foldable pegs, but it’s still easy to transport either in a car trunk or with public transit. Size-wise, the Jr. pogo stick is slightly smaller than our two options above. In fact, it only stands 36 inches tall and has a handle length of 10 inches.
The foot pegs are rather wide, though, each of them providing four inches of foot width space. Colors include a bright purple and vibrant green – they’re both unisex, though boys might prefer the green variant while the purple one could appeal to girls.
- UNIQUE DESIGN - Our Junior addition to the Jumparoo BOING! family of Pogo Sticks has a high quality gloss paint finish, decals, and colors making it the coolest POGO on the market; our metal spring is completely encased within a steel housing tube for additional safety.
- SAFE JUMPING - Just like on skateboards, we use durable non-slip grip tape on the foot pegs for use in any environment; NO rubber that tears, falls off or gets slippery when wet. Our rugged rubber Pogo "foot" provides superior safety and bounce.
- COMFORTABLE GRIP - Grab on and start jumping! Our foam grips on the T-handle won't cause blisters like rubber does, and will provide comfort for hours of Jumparoo Boing-ing!
- GREAT FOR YOUNG KIDS - Our kid friendly-parent approved Jumparoo BOING! JR Pogo stick is suitable for younger kids & beginners aged 4 years & up, weighing between 50 lbs. and 90 lbs.
- THE SPECS - The Jumparoo BOING! JR Pogo is 36" tall, handle to handle length is 10", and the foot pegs have a roomy 4" of foot width space on each side of the pogo shaft providing kids with a comfortable and safe experience.
The Aero Advantage by Think Gizmos is another pogo stick for kids worth your attention. Like the Jumparoo, it’s suitable for kids between 5 and 10 years old, weighing between 50 and 90 pounds. Sure, the brand also sells pogo sticks for big kids and adults, so finding one for a heavier child shouldn’t be an issue.
That said, these pogo sticks bring a few advantages. On the one hand, it’s slightly taller and definitely wider than the Jumparoo. This design difference improves balance, making it easier to jump for extended periods.
Another highlight is its construction. Like most pogo sticks, this one is made from aluminum, but the frame is completely covered in foam. Needless to say, it won’t scratch if it falls while also protecting the legs and knees from unwanted impacts with the frame.
The foot pegs are also wide and cradle the feet perfectly, while the rubber tip helps maintain control while enhancing durability. More affordable than the Razor and bringing many of its advantages, this pogo stick is a good option if you’re on a budget.
- ✔️ AWESOME DESIGN: Super fun pogo stick for kids ages 5 to 10 years old. This high performance pogo stick is one of the best hopping toys for kids aged 5 and up or who weigh 40lbs-90lbs (18 kg to 36 kg). Get your kids outside exercising on this cool pogo stick. Helps build leg and core muscle, is brilliant helping with balance and looks awesome too.
- ✔️ SAFETY FIRST: The Aero Advantage pogo stick for kids from Think Gizmos is made to rigorous safety standards and comes complete with non-slip pedals and a safety foam handle. For safety reasons, kids should always use a helmet, elbow and knee pads (not included) when using pogo sticks.
- ✔️ BUILT TO LAST: This jumping stick for boys and girls is covered in foam and very well built (Do not be persuaded by cheap models that will break easily). Incorporates a powerful low friction spring for improved performance.
- ✔️ KEEP ACTIVE: The rubber tip will help maintain control, keep kids jumping and active for a long time. This jumping stick for children measures approximately 37 inches (94cm) tall / width 8.5 inches (21cm).
- ✔️ PLAY & DEVELOP: An awesome way for children to develop skills, improve balance and concentration, have fun and regain shape, enjoy outdoors and improve their confidence all whilst having a great time playing.
Last on our list of best pogo sticks, the Jumparoo Jack comes from Geospace, like the Jumparoo Boing! However, this model is designed with big kids and experienced users in mind. Its extreme lines promote a higher jump, so we’d recommend this one for kids 13 years and up.
Due to its unique design, it can propel the rider up to 4 feet high. Thanks to this feature, this pogo stick is also suitable for adults.
Construction-wise, you can expect a super-sturdy yet lightweight frame as well as comfortable handle grips. Despite its weight capacity, the pogo stick is ultra-lightweight and easy to carry – weighing only 8 pounds.
You won’t get it in loads of colors or styles, but the black frame with orange decal will surely make heads turn either on the street or at the park. Obviously, the stick is more than suitable to use in your backyard. More expensive than the other Jumparoo on our list but more durable and suitable for adults, this is one of the best pogo sticks around if you’re aiming for performance.
- Uses a totally unique bow-shaped spring to propel riders to heights of up to 4 feet!
- Available it 2 sizes, Small or Large, suitable for Ages 13 & up.
- Small is for users weighing 120 to 154 lbs (54-70 kg).
- Large size is for users weighing 154 to 176 lbs (70-80 kg).
- Composite fiber spring and high-grade aluminum body means JackHammer weighs only 8 pounds!
Pogo Sticks – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the benefits of pogo sticks?
Pogo sticks come with loads of benefits for kids and not only. Their main advantage is the improvement of balance and coordination. The device also helps develop motor skills and, overall, contributes to maintaining good mental health, too.
Besides the benefits for kids, pogo sticks also bring loads of benefits to adults. Whether you’re looking for a way to enhance cardio exercise or lose weight in a less daunting manner, a pogo stick is your best bet. How many calories you can burn during your workout depends on how high you can jump.
For instance, half an hour of workout jumping up to 8 inches from the ground can help you burn 300 calories.
What age is appropriate for a pogo stick?
Roughly, pogo sticks can be used by anyone aged three years and up, but whether a specific pogo stick is suitable to use by young children varies from brand to brand.
Some brands manufacture pogo sticks specifically for youngsters. These models come with wider bases that help young kids improve balance without jeopardizing their safety. Most of these sticks also come with height-adjustable handles that can grow with your child, and they are often suitable to use both indoors and outdoors.
The traditional pogo stick is usually suitable for kids five years and up. We recommend checking the weight limit and age recommendation with the manufacturer. For instance, some pogo sticks, such as the Razor, are too heavy for smaller kids even if they are technically safe for them to use.
Extreme pogo sticks designed for experienced users or professional jumping are suitable for children over ten years old, with most companies recommending them for children 13 years or older. Again, check the pogo stick’s weight and capacity to ensure the model you want suits you or your child.