Summer backyard fun is often synonymous with a ring toss tournament. It doesn’t matter if you’re playing with your kids or neighbors. This classic game can surely bring loads of fun to your yard. Some ring toss games are even suitable to use indoors, so you can enjoy them all year long. Whether you’re looking for a classic set to use outdoors or one that you can hang on a wall, these are the best ring toss games that are worth your attention this year.
- Our Top 5 List of Ring Toss Game
- 1. GoSports Premium Wooden Ring Toss Game
- 2. Elite Sportz Ring Toss Games for Kids and Adults
- 3. Ring Toss Yard Games for Adults and Family
- 4. OLIVIA & AIDEN Ring Toss Game
- 5. FunSparks Ring Toss Game
- Ring Toss Game – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Is ring toss game suitable for small children?
- What can I use for a DIY ring toss game?
Our Top 5 List of Ring Toss Game
GoSports is one of the most popular backyard game manufacturers, so it doesn’t come as a surprise that the best ring toss game comes from them. Made from premium wood and boasting plastic and rope rings, it is an excellent choice for up to four players of all ages.
Like most backyard games, this one comes disassembled, but it’s very easy to put together. We particularly like the presence of two sets of rings, the rope ones boosting difficulty and making it more challenging but also more fun for adults.
We also can’t complain about durability and attention to detail. This ring toss game has flawless aesthetics and is made to last even if you forget it outside under pouring rain.
Something we like a little less is the strong chemical smell it has at first – luckily, this smell dissipates quite quickly, so just leave it on the porch for a day or two before using it. That said, this ring toss game is made to last and comes with all needed to play, including instructions. Everything is neatly packed in a carrying case that also makes it perfect for camping.
- Fun Game for all ages
- Includes ring toss target and 4 throwing Rings
- Great for developing hand-eye coordination
- Indoor or outdoor fun
One of the biggest challenges when bringing a ring toss game indoors is finding a space large enough to accommodate the pitch without you risking to destroy delicate decorations while tossing the rings. That’s why Elite Sportz designed this hybrid ring toss game for the indoors.
The main difference between this game and a classic one is its darts board design. Hooks on the board catch the rings, and the play method is the same you’d use for darts – simply replacing the arrows with rings.
Needless to say, this game brings plenty of advantages. On the one hand, most big kids and adults find it more engaging. The game also occupies a little space on the wall and is more compact to store than a standard ring toss game.
Playing and scoring points is made easy by the point system written directly on the board. And like the standard ring toss, it can be played by two teams of up to two players each. Durable and coming with safe rubber rings, this ring toss is suitable for kids and adults, either to hang in your hallway, man cave, or outdoor on a tree or your home’s wall.
- Fun for All Ages: Perfect for picnics, parties, or your next camping trip, our hook and ring toss game will keep everyone entertained for hours of family fun.
- Quick & Easy Set-Up: Our hookey ring toss games are simple to set up on any surface in just a few minutes.
- Safe & Durable: Kid-friendly, our hook ring toss game is made of real wood, metal, and rubber rings. All the fun of darts with none of the sharp objects!
- Compact & Portable: Going camping? To the beach? Our ring toss wall game includes a convenient carrying bag, so you can bring it with you wherever you go!
- Gift for Dad: The ideal gift for the man who has it all, our ring toss wall games will have them hooked! This Aussie classic won't let you down (under).
If you’re not quite convinced about the darts board design of the Elite Sportz ring toss above, the brand also proposes this classic set that is similar to the GoSports Premium. Mostly suitable to use outdoors rather than indoors, this is the standard ring toss game we’ve all known for ages.
Like the GoSports, it has a wooden construction and comes disassembled. Putting it together is a cinch, and playing it is as easy as it gets.
Although more expensive than the GoSports, we like that it has no foul smell. You can start playing straight out of the box, which is undeniably a big advantage.
Like you’d expect from a quality ring toss game, this one comes with a convenient carrying bag. Use it to keep your game pieces together when not in use or for easier transport. The included instructions also make it perfect for newbies.
- Fun For All Ages: You can entertain anyone with the indoor and outdoor games for adults and family!
- All Occasions: Perfect on a boring, rainy day or as backyard games for kids at a BBQ!
- Fast & Easy Set-Up: The ring toss outdoor game is simple to set up and only takes a few minutes!
- Compact & Portable: Going camping? To the beach? Bring the yard games for kids and adults with you!
- Durable Materials: Family game night kit includes 3 sets of rings, wooden peg base, and carry bag.
OLIVIA & AIDEN propose a ring toss game similar to the darts-inspired one by Elite Sportz. It consists of a round wooden board with 13 hooks for the rings and should be hanged on a wall. Suitable for players of all ages but more appealing to adults, this ring toss game makes for a nice gift.
The main difference between this game and the one by Elite Sportz is the presence of rubber rings of four colors. This feature makes it perfect for up to four players – or four teams, should you want to share a game and laughs with a larger gang.
Quick and easy to set up, the board is made from heavy-duty wood and is perfect for use indoors and outdoors.
We also like that it comes with additional hooks included in the bag. Should you accidentally lose one or two hooks while setting up or dismantling the board, you’ll be able to replace them easily and without hassle.
- MORE PLAYERS, MORE FUN – 4 Player ring toss game set. Upgraded 24 Piece set includes a beautifully finished large 12" toss board with 4 color rings to accommodate more players and easily track scores. Includes 2 replacement hooks.
- SAFE FAMILY FRIENDLY GAME - Exciting toss game is a safer and more fun alternative to a sharp dartboard game. Great for both kids and adults. Play as a backyard party game, man cave game, and dorm room game. For indoor and outdoor use.
- GREAT GIFT IDEA - This exciting, colorful hanging toss game is great as a gift for both children and adults alike. Great to bring along as a party gift that will be enjoyed by all for hours of addictive fun. Great for solo play or up to 4 players at a time.
- AT HOME OR ON THE GO – This hanging ring toss board game is a unique, engaging and super-fun activity that is easy to set up. Included carry bag turns this into a great travel game allowing you to play almost anywhere.
- ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EARLY DEVELOPMENT– Ring toss games help improve hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills for both adults and children, teaches number counting, and a fun way to build social skills.
Last entry on our list of best ring toss games, the FunSparks Deluxe boasts a traditional design and is perfect for backyard fun. Consisting of big parts exclusively, it’s perfect for players aged three years and up.
Design-wise, it’s similar to the other classic ring toss games we already discussed. It’s made from high-quality wood, with the points painted on the frame. Two ring sets, one of plastic and one of rope, make it perfect for both children and adults.
Like most lawn ring toss games, this one is perfect for up to four players or teams. As you’d expect, the game includes all instructions and is perfect for beginners.
Similar to the other classic games on this list, the FunSparks comes with a convenient carrying pouch. Sure, it’s not a fancy bag, but it can still keep all pieces together for easy storage and transport. Affordable but a tad less resistant than the GoSports or Elite Sportz, it’s a great choice for families on a budget – just avoid leaving it out in the rain to keep it in great shape for longer.
- OUTDOOR GAMES FOR FAMILY. Easy to assemble, easy to play, easy to take down. You cant beat classic indoor and outdoor toys for family and friends.
- YARD GAMES TO POSITIVELY DEVELOP KIDS SKILLS. Great for kids to improve their hand-eye coordination, concentration, fine motor skills and learn valuable lessons on team spirit and healthy competition.
- GREAT KIDS PARTY GAMES FUN FOR EVERYONE. Put a smile on everybodys face with our 1-4 player toys for kids family games. Lawn games are amazingly fun and can be played virtually anywhere.
- UNPLUG AND UNWIND WITH RING TOSS. Get children, friends and family up and out for a healthy dose of fun, away from computers, mobile phones and TV.
- GREAT TOYS FOR BOYS AND GIRLS. Children and kids can quickly put together Ring Toss outdoor game by laying down the solid wood bars and screw in the quality wooden pegs. 100% customer satisfaction.
Ring Toss Game – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is ring toss game suitable for small children?
Most backyard and lawn games, including ring toss, are suitable for toddlers and young children. Indeed, ring toss games help children improve hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills. Once the child is old enough to walk, ring toss games played in the backyard will also help improve balance while standing.
However, keep in mind that not all game sets on the market are suitable for small children. Always check the manufacturer’s recommendation about age.
The reason for age differences is that some games may include smaller parts, which could pose a choking hazard. As a rule of thumb, most manufacturers recommend their classic ring toss games to children three years old and up. Dart style ring toss games may be suitable for bigger kids and adults only.
Besides the classic ring toss game, many toddler toy manufacturers also propose various ring toss game options developed specifically for infants and young kids, which are suitable to play both indoors and outdoors.
What can I use for a DIY ring toss game?
Whether you want to improvise while camping or create a unique ring toss game for your yard, you could create your own with empty bottles and rope rings. There are many tutorials you could follow, or simply look at how a classic ring toss game set is made to figure out how to build your own and score points while playing.
While DIY variants are very fun to play with adults, keep in mind that tossing rope rings onto bottles boosts difficulty. For this reason, we wouldn’t recommend a DIY ring toss game for your family unless your kids are already grown-ups.
For younger kids or no-frills playing, investing in one of the best ring toss games is still the wisest option.