Summertime is synonymous with backyard fun for kids and adults alike. While there are dozens of lawn games and activities to consider, a swing shouldn’t miss from the picture.
If you have little available space, then here’s your guide to the best swing set for a small yard…
- Best Swing Set For Small Yards Reviews
- 1. Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug ‘N Secure Grow With Me Swing
- 2. Step2 Infant To Toddler Swing Seat
- 3. Jungle Gym Kingdom 2 Pack Swings Seats
- 4. Sportspower My First Toddler Swing
- 5. Backyard Discovery Weston All Cedar Wood Playset
- 6. SUPER DEAL Swing Set for Small Yard
- 7. Step2 Play Up Jungle Gym and Kids Swing Set
- 8. Backyard Discovery Oakmont All Cedar Wood Playset Swing Set
- 9. FITNESS REALITY KIDS Metal Swing Set
- 10. Swing-N-Slide PB 8272 Cedar Brook Play Set
- Swing Sets For Small Yards – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What Features To Look For In A Swing Set
Best Swing Set For Small Yards Reviews
The Grow With Me Swing by Little Tikes is one of the best for small yards and by far our favorite. It’s ideal for babies and toddlers up to 50 pounds and it makes the perfect addition to any swing set you may have.
Two security features ensure the safety of your little one; we particularly like the easy-in hinged T-bar that moves out of the way and stores securely under the swing when the child outgrows it. Furthermore, the stay-put shoulder straps will also hold your baby securely in place.
Although made for the outdoors and compatible with most swing sets, this swing is also easy to mount indoors on the door trim, for secure fun throughout the year. While the swing doesn’t come with swing set anchors, it has two convenient hooks that allow for a no-frills installation.
Another thing we like is that Little Tikes products are free from BPA, phthalates, PVC, latex, and other potentially harmful substances. This swing is perfect to entertain you infant or toddler throughout the day and in all peace of mind.
- Easy-in hinged T-bar
- Stay-put shoulder straps hold baby securely in place
- As the child grows and doesn't require the T-bar or straps, they store conveniently out of the way
- This outdoor baby swing is the perfect addition to any swing set. This product does not come with anchors
- Made in the USA. Maximum fall height protection up to 7 feet required
Another outstanding swing seat for infants and toddlers, the Step2 is designed to keep your baby secure throughout the infancy years. It has a weight limit of 50 pounds and is designed to fit most backyard swing sets. At the same time though, the weather resistant rope also allows you to hang it from a tree branch or gazebo.
You can even use it indoors if you want to, for safe and fun play throughout the year.
Like the swing seat above, this one comes with a restraint system that will keep your child secure regardless of his age. However, you won’t be able to store the T-bar or shoulder straps out of the way when the child outgrows them. Nevertheless, this swing is still ideal for preschoolers too.
The feature we like best is undoubtedly the sturdy snap system that secures the straps. As you can expect, the swing is made from weather-resistant materials and is easy to wipe clean. It’s available in various colors that suit both boys and girls, and even if it’s not the cheapest, it is resistant enough to use for the years to come.
- Toddler fits snugly and securely in this easy loading comfortable swing seat
- A swing set with a restraint system that will keep the child secure
- Includes weather resistant rope. Weight limit on swing: 50 pounds
- Fits most backyard swing sets
- Swing seat can be wiped clean easily and is weather resistant ; Minimal adult assembly required
Perfect for kids over 5 years old and even for adults, the Jungle Gym Kingdom 2 Pack Swings Seats make a nice addition to a backyard swing set or they can be hanged from a branch or even on your porch. Each swing has a load capacity of 300 pounds and consists of a robust copolymer seat and sturdy yellow chains.
The included carabiners will give you plenty of flexibility when it comes to mounting; furthermore, the swings are compatible with the Jungle Gym Kingdom swing hangers which are sold separately.
If you’re not quite a DIY enthusiast, you’ll also like to know that these swings come fully assembled. The generous chain length of 66 inches and comfortable seats measuring 27 x 5.5 inches each make these swings a nice treat for kids of all ages.
Designed for residential use, this set respects all safety rules and is great for all yards. You can even use it to replace old swings on an outdoor wooden swing set, and considering its price, it brings real value for money.
- Fun: This kids swing kit can create a DIY swing set on porch, tree or as a playground replacement.
- Safe: The swing set kit has plastic coated chains designed to be pinch-free and stable.
- Durable & Long Lasting: The swings for kids will survive getting beat up by kids and the weather.
- Easy To Install: The heavy duty swing set accessories are fully assembled. Hangers sold seperately.
- Includes: Swing seat (27”x5.5”) made of plastic and grommets, along with a swing chain (66”).
Designed for infants between 9 and 36 months, the Sportspower My First Toddler Swing is perfect for the indoors or small yards and comes with all you need to use it right out of the box. You’ll need basic handyman skills to put this together, and assembling requires less than 10 minutes.
The set consists of a lightweight yet robust powder-coated steel frame and a comfortable swing seat. An adorable teddy bear design can undoubtedly captivate the little ones even before they sit in it, while the ergonomic shape will enhance comfort.
One of the greatest features of this set is its portability. It folds compactly for storage and transport without requiring dismantling.
As you can expect from a product designed for the youngsters, this swing set meets or exceeds all ASTM safety standards. It includes a T-bar and safety harness designed to enhance security, and the plastic parts are free from any harmful chemicals.
- TODDLER FUN: Swing set is great for both indoor and outdoor play for infants 9-36 months old
- HEAVY DUTY: Constructed of lightweight yet sturdy powder-coated steel construction for durability
- PORTABLE: Swing Set folds down for easy storage and transport so your little one can swing anywhere!
- SAFETY FIRST: Meets or exceeds ASTM safety standards and includes safety harness on single nursery seat to enhance security
- DIMENSIONS: Ideal for large rooms or any size yard; measures 55"L x 55"W x 47"H; Supports up to 55 lbs. total
The Backyard Discovery Weston All Cedar Wood Playset is one of those swing sets that bring unrivaled value for money. It may seem more expensive at first glance, but the number of features it incorporates and durability will pay off in the long run.
This set is made from cedar wood and has a laminated swing beam reinforced with steel clam-shell brackets. Quality components ensure that the swing is always safe, while the patented Safe T-Fuse hardware ensures easy and secure assembly.
Ideal for kids of all ages, the set includes a fort with colorful canopy and a sandbox, a speedy yet super-safe 8-foot slide, two belt swings, and a trapeze swing.
The swing stations are easy to take off and can be replaced by toddler swings if needed, while the rock climbing wall on the slide ladder adds even more versatility.
We also like the snack stand with built-in bench, just perfect for a quick break on a summer afternoon. Furthermore, the wood is rot and weather resistant and comes pre-stained for a smooth and clear appearance.
This is not the most compact swing set for a small backyard, but it’s definitely worth the investment if you have enough room for it.
- Sturdy fort with colorful canopy
- Lower play area with a wooden sandbox for kids, a snack stand and a built-in bench
- A rock climbing wall ladder adorns this playset for your backyard adventures
- Swing set hardware includes two standard belt swing set swings and a swing trapeze bar
- 8 ft. Super speedy slide
The SUPER DEAL Swing Set is a beautiful addition to any small yard and is suitable for kids and adults alike. It consists of a big saucer swing and a swing frame, and it can hold one adult or multiple kids at a time.
Measuring 40 inches and with a load capacity of 220 pounds, the round seat is comfy and stylish. It’s made from resilient oxford fabric and attaches to the sturdy frame with durable nylon hanging ropes.
The frame is crafted from 2-inch weather-resistant steel tubes. Both the tubes and the hardware are powder coated for superior durability, while the A-type frame enhances stability. Not only the frame is stable on its own, but the swing also boasts a fixable base that enhances safety even more.
All components withstand weather and elements, and the set is safe to leave outdoors throughout the summer.
Furthermore, the SUPER DEAL also includes all you need to install the frame and the seat, including steel rings and robust suspension ropes. We also like that the swing set is backed by a full one-year warranty. Thanks to the design, you can also replace the saucer swing with a toddler swing seat suitable for the youngsters.
- Combo Set - This product includes 1 x swing frame + 1 x 40” round saucer swing set. Ideal choice for your garden, backyard, playground and more outdoor places, suitable for a single adult or multiple kids/teens to swing; Package comes in 2 boxes, frame and swing will be shipped out seperately to avoid damage in transit
- Saucer Swing - Swing frame is protected by powerful corrosion protection, while the mat canvas and rope are crafted with super heavy duty 50+ UV-resistance. Our thick steel frame is securely wrapped in durable 9mm PE rope to give your swing a long life. With a safety rating of over 700 pounds, rock back and forth for a while, lie back and dream, or invite a friend or parent over to join in the fun
- Swing Frame - Crafted from 2-inch heavy duty weather-resistant steel tubes and hardware with a powder-coated paint finish for superior durability; A-frame ensures extra sturbility ; Up to 220 lbs high weight capacity meets most of your needs and provides a safe stand for a kid- and even a couple of friends - to lay back, sway, have some fun between standing and sitting on the swing , the options are limitless
- Large & Safe - Our swing combo provides a large space for swing because of its 70.9” height and 86.6” length frame and 40” round swing seat; 220 lbs stand weight capacity, resilient nylon hanging ropes, oxford cloth seat, sturdy frame and fixable base to ensure you can swing stably and safely
- Easy to Assemble - Both of swing frame and swing seat are easy to assemble; Package includes all things you need to install the frame and seat; Top of ropes have steel rings which connect to sturdy suspension rope up to approx 71", the top of the stand have 2 hooks which can connect the swing. Simply follow and use the included instruction and tools to assemble quickly. Note: If you receive product with any issue, feel free to contact seller to get free replacement part
Fun for kids of all ages, the Play Up Jungle Gym and Kids Swing Set by Step2 is great for up to four kids and compact enough for a smaller backyard. Designed for domestic use and withstanding up to 240 pounds at a time, this outdoor gym comprises a combination of the climb, slide, and swinging adventures.
The set comes with two robust swings which can be replaced with toddler swings if needed. A fort and slide boost up versatility and the little ones will also be able to improve their strength and coordination by climbing into the playhouse.
A vibrant selection of colors and quality materials bring further value for money. The set is made from a plastic resin that resists weather and elements.
A thing we like less is how hard it is to assemble the Jungle Gym. The manufacturer includes a set of instructions which are more or less comprehensive, and it may take several hours to assemble the swing.
All in all, though, the Step2 Play Up comes at a great price and brings true value to your yard. It’s fun for kids of all ages and will undoubtedly resist intense use for the years to come.
- Climb and slide fun for toddlers, helping kids develop gross motor skills through active play.
- Durable climber outlasts years of outdoor play and harsh weather!
- Neutral coloring and natural textures seamlessly blends into any backyard play space.
- Bonus area underneath platform can be used for outdoor toy storage, sand box, or hiding spot!
- Maximum weight: 240 lbs. (108.9 kg.)
The Backyard Discovery Oakmont may not fit in a too small yard, but it’s undoubtedly a great choice for households with many kids. This wooden set is made from cedar wood and is the bigger brother of the Weston set we talked about above.
It’s large enough to accommodate over 7 kids at a time, either on the swings or on the slide. The upper fort provides a fun play area for the bigger kids, while the youngsters can enjoy the sandbox underneath.
A door and windows enhance imagination and let the little ones create their own dream worlds. The kid’s clubhouse comprises a snack stand and built-in bench, just perfect for some breaks.
Kids of all ages will also love the slide which ensures speedy descents even if it’s built with safety in mind. However, the set comes with a standard ladder and doesn’t have a rock wall climbing feature.
Just like the Weston, the Oakmont resists weather and elements and is pre-stained for a smooth, clear appearance. It is also easy to assemble thanks to the stamped swing set parts developed to speed up the building process.
Quality components and an enhancing design make the Oakmont one of our favorites, and it will surely become your kids’ favorite too if you give it a try.
- One of our most popular swing sets for children featuring both an upper fort covered by a colorful canopy and a lower play fort with slide, 2 belt swings and a trapeze swing.
- Assembled Dimensions: 14' 0" W x 11' 3" D x 8' 7" H | Weight: 211 lbs
- Heavy duty canopy swing set, with a colorful green and yellow striped canopy over the outdoor fort on the upper level.
- Our swingset with playhouse features a lower play area with a wooden kids clubhouse, a snack stand and a built-in bench.
- Two standard belt swing set swings and a trapeze swing . An 8 foot playground slide - super safe but speedy.
Designed to deliver unrivaled value for money, the FITNESS REALITY KIDS Metal Swing Set can keep up to 9 kids busy at a time and boasts eight activities varied enough to entertain youngsters of all ages.
Perhaps the star of this swing set is the 32-inch flying saucer that can accommodate a couple of kids at a time. The glider and monkey bar take outdoor fun at the next level, but that’s not all.
The little ones can also entertain themselves on a slide, while the basketball hoop and soccer net will attract older children. Furthermore, the set also includes a separate trampoline, a basketball, soccer ball, and even an air pump.
The main swing set comes with a frame made from 2-inch powder-coated tubular steel. Each station has a weight capacity of 80 pounds, and each component meets all ASTM safety standards. Ideal for children between 3 and 8 years old, this set is also backed up by a 2-year warranty for the frame and 6 months for all other components and it fits perfectly in a small to mid-size yard.
- 8 fun activity stations that will keep 9 kids busy at the same time. Kids benefit from frequent physical activity and exercise. You benefit from knowing the kids are secure in your own backyard
- Includes a 36" Trampoline, a 32" Flying saucer, a slide, a glider, a monkey bar, a swing, a basketball hoop and backboard, a soccer goal with net, a basketball, a soccer ball and an air pump
- 2" Powder coated tubular steel construction. Each station has 80lbs weight capacity except glider has 80 lbs. Weight Capacity per seat
- Meets ASTM (American Society for Testing and materials) safety standards. Warranty: 2 years frame, and 6 months on all other components
- Designed for children between the ages of 3 and 8 years old. Product Dimensions: 157.5" L x 107.5" W x 72" H (without trampoline). trampoline dimension: 42" L x 42" W x 58" H
The last entry on our list of the best swing sets for small yards, the Swing-N-Slide PB 8272 Cedar Brook Play Set can make a nice addition to your backyard and a nice gift for your kids. This wooden set is made from premium pre-cut lumber and comes with all hardware required for a safe installation.
You’ll also get a set of comprehensive instructions, although putting it together might not be the simplest task.
The assortment of stations, on the other hand, can easily satisfy even the most demanding kids. This swing set includes two traditional swings you can replace with toddler swings, a glider, monkey bars, a sidewinder slider, and a rock climbing wall.
There is also an upper fort with a wooden roof and a sandbox underneath that provides a great play area for infants and toddlers.
Kids will also love the picnic table, while the 4-foot and 5-foot decks bring entertainment to a whole new level.
Designed for residential use, the swing set is also easy to secure with ground anchors, and it meets or exceeds all ASTM safety standards.
- Intended for backyard residential use only
- Measures 104"L x 92"W x 82"H when fully assembled; Swing Chain Material: Plastisol coated chain prevents pinched fingers and will not rust
- Includes all wood, hardware, and fully illustrated instructions needed to assemble play set
- Features two swing seats and a ring/trapeze combination swing, all with pinch free coated chains
- Each swing supports up to 115 pounds
Swing Sets For Small Yards – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What Features To Look For In A Swing Set
Beyond subjective criteria regarding the aesthetics of a product, there are a few objective criteria that come into play when choosing the best swing set for small yards.
Size matters in a small yard, that’s why the first thing to assess before buying is the size of your lot compared to the size of the swing set you like. Defining a small backyard is hard, since every individual may have a different interpretation of small.
Anyway, there are a few steps you could use to assess the right size of the swing:
Measure your lot and consider what elements you want to fit in your landscape. If it’s only the swing then just go for the bigger one that fits in your space. If you also want to place other elements, such as a grill, a garden set, or a gazebo, figure out how much space you’re left with after arranging each item in its definitive spot
Check out the various swing sets and pick one that can fit securely in your backyard. Secure fit means you should account for a safety zone of at least 6 feet in each direction.
Once you’ve assessed the size, you must pick the preferred material. Most outdoor play sets are made from either plastic, powder-coated steel, or wood. Each choice comes with pros and cons, but some options are just better than others.
Plastic: Is the cheapest option, and perhaps the best for younger kids, as most play sets made of plastic come with rounded corners and edges. Most plastic swings are made from weather-resistant resins colored in bright hues. However, even the best plastic swings will discolor over time. This material also tends to lose its strength after being repeatedly exposed to cold and heat, becoming brittle.
Powder-coated steel: Is another popular option. Metal swings are typically lightweight, easy to assemble, and portable. They are also prone to rust, even if manufacturers may claim otherwise. Luckily though, most metal swing sets on today’s market are protected with advanced coatings that minimize the rust risk.
Wood: Perhaps the best swing set material, wood is a durable and safe material if maintained well. You can expect a wooden swing to last for years, although it’s unlikely that you’ll be able to move it without dismantling the pieces. Wooden swings are also easy to transform into creative DIY objects once your kids outgrow the outdoor playing stage, so it’s a win-win for everyone involved.
Most swing sets come with instructions that allow for a DIY installation. However, you must consider the complexity of the project before investing, especially if you’re not too skilled in such tasks.
Some brands may offer professional setup, and while this may drive up the final investment, getting your set assembled professionally is probably the best thing you could do from a safety standpoint.
If you want to save some bucks on setup, pick a set that’s easy to put together and dismantle, and follow all instructions to make sure the structure is solid before letting your kids use it.
Many swing sets on the market consist of much more than swings. Most of them come with slides, climbing walls, sandboxes, and other add-ons that can easily boost the value of the set, at least from your kids’ point of view.
While some sets come with a host of accessories, we recommend the simpler but customizable models.
Not only they come cheaper, but you’ll also have the chance to add on only those accessories your kids will love and use. For instance, perhaps you’ll make little use of a sandbox if your kids are older, but a slide or rock wall can entertain children of all ages and for a longer time.
Alongside accessories, you must also consider the upgrades. Upgrades of an existing swing set will help you reduce costs as your children grow. Some brands, for instance, let you upgrade toddler swings to belt swings suitable for older kids.
Some simple models can also be upgraded by adding rock walls, slides, and houses to an existing swing base.
The rule to follow when buying a swing set, therefore, is to think in advance. Anticipate what your kids might want as they grow, and make sure the set you have lets you add on accessories or bring all necessary upgrades so that you won’t have to invest in a whole new set.