Best Corn Hole Game Set: Our Top Picks & Reviews
Summertime fun is easy to achieve. A corn bag and a board with a hole are all you need to set up a corn hole game competition. In a rustic arrangement, you could even dig a hole in the ground. But if you want to play by the rules, perhaps you’d like to find which are the best corn hole game sets on the market. Check them out below.
Table of Contents
- Our Top Choices: Corn Hole Game Sets in 2019
- What to Look for When Buying Corn Hole Game Sets
Our Top Choices: Corn Hole Game Sets in 2019
1. GoSports Cornhole Toss Game Set
A great corn hole game set to install in the yard for your kids or take with you while camping is this one from GoSports. It’s cleverly designed and comes at a great price, two good enough reasons to select it as our top choice.
Our favorite feature about this set is its portability. A foldable design makes the boards easy to transport; in fact, they are so compact that they even fit in a travel case. Besides the boards, the set also includes 8 bean bags alongside a carrying case and game rules.
Designed with portability in mind, this set is also lightweight. At 10 pounds, it will have minimal impact on your luggage’s weight no matter where you want to go. The collapsible frame is made of PVC tubes and is resistant to wear and tear.
Another nice thing is the durable tear-proof fabric that makes up the “boards.” Slightly smaller than the regulation size, each board measures 3 x 2 feet.
Ideal for families, this corn hole set game can satisfy most players. Furthermore, the manufacturer backs it up with a lifetime warranty.
2. Himal Collapsible Portable Corn Hole Set
The Himal portable corn hole set impresses with an innovative design that reinvents the traditional boards. It’s perfect for taking with you on all your trips or enjoying in the backyard, without worrying about tubes.
When folded, the boards have a negligible footprint and fit in any suitcase. With a nice heft of about 10 pounds, they are also easy to carry.
Due to the materials employed, this corn hole set is also suitable to use in any environment. It’s perfect for outdoor summer fun, as well as indoor play when the weather is bad or in winter. The eight toss bags are filled with hypoallergenic material and are safe to handle by kids.
Besides smart design, this set also promises to last. It’s made from 300D poly fabric which is durable and tear resistant. We also like the anti-skid treatment of the bags that helps you achieve a perfect toss.
A bit smaller than professional boards, these measure 3 x 2 feet and are perfect to use for a casual backyard or camping play.
The game comes with a 2-year warranty, expandable if you register the product on the manufacturer’s website.
3. GoSports Cornhole PRO Bean Bag Toss Game Set
If you can settle for nothing less than the absolute best, check out the Cornhole PRO Bean Bag Toss Game Set by GoSports. Designed for professional players, this set respects the official tournament size and includes all you need to play straight out of the box.
The boards respect the American Corn Hole Association size and measure 4 x 2 feet. Together with the included bean bags, they provide authentic gameplay; for those who’re not experts yet, the game even includes a set of rules.
Perfect for the outdoors, this game sets also boasts a sturdy construction. The boards are made from MDF placed on a sleek aluminum frame. They also have a great heft considering the materials involved.
Another thing you’ll certainly like is the foldable design with built-in carry handles, perfect for storage and transport.
Like most GoSports products, this professional set is backed by an extensive warranty. The set also comes in a variant with LEDs which is perfect for fun nighttime play.
4. GoSports Solid Wood Premium Cornhole Set
Perfect for the traditional type who wants ol’ style wooden boards, but also ideal as a gift, the Solid Wood Premium Cornhole Set is another that caught our attention. It complies with the official tournament dimensions and contains all you need to play straight out of the box.
Perhaps the most impressive part of this game is the boards. Made from 100% solid wood, they can come either in natural color or customized. Mitered joints and corners improve the overall strength of the board, ensuring that you can play in all peace of mind.
We also like the 8 all-weather bags that respect the regulation heft and size. Embellished with no logos, they are also fully customizable if you desire.
Durable and well-made, the set is great for a backyard but less practical to take with you on trips. Although the bags come in a sleek pouch, the boards are not foldable and make take up a lot of space in your luggage or RV.
Despite this slight drawback, this game set is a stylish one to have; like all GoSports products, it’s backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
5. Himal Collapsible Portable Corn Hole Set
If you care more about the fun than of the rules and you’re shopping on a budget, this corn hole set by Himal is a great alternative to the units above. Very similar to the other Himal set on this list, this one impresses with its innovative design.
It’s made specifically for no-frills playing. A compact, foldable design makes it easy to fit in a bag. It is lightweight and portable, while resistant at the same time. Suitable for outdoors and indoors playing alike, this one is perfect for kids due to its smaller size.
Each board measures 2 x 1 foot, so you can position them closer to one another. We also like that the set includes 10 bags instead of 8. Not that you’ll need them for the play, but you can use two as a replacement.
But it doesn’t end here. If you’ve made it to the camping site only to find your kids don’t like the corn hole game, just flip the boards over, and voilà, you can now play tic tac toe.
Covered by an extensible two-year warranty, budget-friendly, and coming with an array of features, this game is no doubt a great one to consider.
What to Look for When Buying Corn Hole Game Sets
Corn hole is a flexible backyard game, and its success doesn’t depend on the set. It depends on the players’ desire to have fun. Nevertheless, there are a few things you should consider before buying your set, especially if you want to play by the rules.
1. Board Material
The boards are by far the most important part of the game. Their resistance determines the amount of fun you can have, because if they are of poor quality, the bags may break them. There are two things to consider when it comes to the boards, the frame, and the actual board.
The frames can be made from a variety of materials, but the most popular options comprise:
- PVC: Is a plastic material used for a variety and renowned for its resistance. These frames are lightweight, and most of the times easy to dismantle. This means you can transport them easily, without worrying about size or weight.
- Aluminum: Stronger than PVC but also heavier, aluminum is one of the most resistant materials. They can withstand high-volume wear and tear, and you won’t have to worry about playing corn hole professionally with these. Like the PVC, most aluminum frames are collapsible.
- Wood: The classiest material but also the heaviest, wood is a great choice if you want to install the boards in your backyard and forget about them. If you need a set for tailgating or camping though, the wooden frame could be impractical to transport due to their size. Most wooden frames are not foldable.
When thinking of boards, it’s easy to think of wood or plywood ones. When it comes to corn hole games though, your options are a bit diverse. These boards are usually made from:
- Canvas: Typically 300D poly canvas, which is similar to the one used in tents. These “boards” are lightweight, easy to carry, easy to clean, and 100% kid friendly.
- MDF: Engineered wood is a frequent choice among manufacturers. It comes with multiple advantages, including strength and low weight.
- Wood: Wooden boards are the traditional choice, often employed in official tournaments. However, they are heavy and hard to take on your adventure.
Besides materials and construction, you should also consider the boards’ dimension. Official rules say they must be 4 x 2 feet, but most recreational sets come with 3 x 2 boards because they are smaller and easier to handle during transit.
Kids’ corn hole games may come with even smaller boards, usually 2 x 1 foot.
Traditional corn hole bags were filled with either cornmeal or beans. Manufacturers today with neither. They are usually filled with hypoallergenic beads and are made from synthetic materials rather than burlap. That’s why you should check the following before buying.
- Anti-skid properties: Synthetic materials are often soft and slippery, two features that don’t make them ideal for holding and throwing. To counterbalance this drawback, some manufacturers coat their bag with anti-skid materials, and you should get such a set.
- Stitches: While all materials involved are safe for kids, the beads from a broken bag can still be ingested by babies and toddlers. To avoid it, check if the stitches are strong enough to provide durability.
Accessories are an important part of the corn hole game. Two essential things to look after are the transport bag and the rules.
The bag is by far the most important, not only for transport but also for storage. If your set comes with one, check that it is sturdy and that it comes with quality zippers. Some bags may even have lateral pockets, which make them even more practical.
As for the rules, they come in handy if you don’t know how to play corn hole but want to learn.
Just like the horseshoes game, the corn hole is a backyard classic able to entertain generations. Whether you want to teach your kids how to play or want a game to share a laugh with your friends, the best corn hole game sets above respond to all training level and needs.
Just pick your favorite, check out the official corn hole game rules, and get ready to have endless fun this summer.